Welcome to my soul dance. This is my honest diary written straight from the deep recesses of my mind. It is gritty, honest and often intense but it is me in all of my pain and passions. It is here I come to let my soul flow and it is here that the journey I am now on is being recorded. You join me in the start amidst a drug addiction which is threatening to completely destroy my life. I record this harrowing path as it twists and turns further into darkness. I have bipolar disorder and as you join me, this too is forever affecting the way I live my life. The hope that remains is the journey I am also taking a year into my meeting with God. He is the backbone that holds my life together. Welcome to me, my life. I hope it provides insight, comfort and hope to anyone who is also affected by any of these issues. I pray that above all it reminds you that you are not alone.x



Friday 18 January 2013

Dear God

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." - Jeremiah 29:11


Dear God

I sat and thought of you tonight as I struggled with my addiction pain
It seems that wherever I go I end up back here all over again
I tried to have some self restraint, tried to focus on your face
I wish that I had seen it clearer, that I did't feel such a disgrace

I tell the world I love you, I agree with who you are
Why then does my faith and hope seem so distant and so far
Why can't I control myself, why can't I be free
Why do I continue to live a life that scares the soul out of me

I used to turn to the words you've said and find some strength to fight
But now I turn away from hope, from you, from love, from light
The darkness covers my every thought, it threatens to turn me away
So here I am praying Lord, for your help with me today

I know I am not worthy, I know I have failed to cope
I know that rather than helping, I've suffocated hope
I know I am still living in the land of abuse and fear
But even in this hole of pain, I still trust that you are near

I still believe in the promise you made to save me from the sin
I still believe you love me even in the mess you know I'm in
I still find time to think of you even though I don't always say
I still want you to guide me through every waking day

I love you Lord and I still believe
Its the world not you that continues to deceive
I've fallen off track but I want to be healed
I believe in the destiny you have for me, the future you've sealed

I'll cry no more for the worthlessness I feel, I'll turn to you instead of pain
If I can do this one pledge, will I see happiness again
Please let your will be done my Lord, let me follow your lead
Above all else that's in this life, its you, your love I need.

Love Always.x

3 comments:

  1. Wow you hit the nail on the head on so many different levels....been there...GOD bless you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you hit the nail on the head on so many different levels....been there...GOD bless you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, I hope it also offers you some comfort.xx

    ReplyDelete